Instructions for abstract presentations:
The key to the success of our congress is the utilisation of an appropriate audio-visual equipment, which is why active participants will be able to use the services of an excellent group of technicians.
In order to ensure a smooth presentation of your abstract, we kindly ask you to read the instructions below.
The Speaker Room will be on the ground floor of the Thermana Congress Centre. The audio-visual equipment in the Speaker Room will allow you to review your PowerPoint presentation, make any last minute changes or request the support of our technical staff. The technicians will be available to you should you need any help for your presentation.
In order for the technical staff to act accordingly, all presentations need to be prepared in accordance with the presentation guidelines.
All contributions will be transferred from the Speaker Room to the corresponding lecture rooms.
The Organising and Scientific Committees recommend the following:
- If possible, please send your presentation (slides, videos) to us a couple of days before the start of the congress. You can send your presentation to email@example.com, which should contain your name, title, date and title of your session based on the programme of the congress. We recommend you also bring a copy of your presentation on a storage medium (USB).
- Should you not be able to send us your presentation in time, please bring it in person on a storage medium (USB) by 8.30am on the day of your presentation.
- Once you arrive at the congress venue, please register yourself at the congress reception at the “SPEAKERS” booth. The reception hostess will direct you to the Speaker Room where you can review and save your presentation to the network system. We advise you visit the Speaker Room one day before your presentation. You can also enter the Speaker Room on Wednesday, 10 April 2019 between 5pm and 7pm.
- The PowerPoint presentation must be either in Slovenian or English, the two official languages of the congress.
- Plenary speakers will have 30 minutes for their oral presentation, while parallel section speakers will have 20 minutes. Please stay within the set time frames, otherwise the moderators will have to break off your presentation.
- All lecture rooms will have appropriate equipment for a PowerPoint
- Formats and saving your PowerPoint presentation:
Your presentation must be prepared in Microsoft PowerPoint 2003, 2007, 2010 or 2016.
- Your presentation will be shown on a 4/3 screen (presentations in the 16/9 resolution will not be shown correctly; black bars will be present in the upper and lower parts of the screen).
- Use only standard letters of high resolution (minimum letter size should be 24).
- Use only standard Windows fonts. Please do not use non-standard Windows fonts or fonts specific to your language. We recommend using the Arial font.
- Save your pictures in JPG or PNG formats of medium or high resolution.
- Have a backup of your pictures on a USB memory card in case we need to re-insert them into your presentation.
- The only acceptable video formats are AVI, WMV, MPG or MOV.
- Have a backup of your video presentations on a USB memory card in case we need to re-insert them into your presentation.
- Save your graphs and tables in Excel 2003, 2007, 2010 or 2016.
- Have a backup of your graphs and tables on a USB memory card in case we need to re-insert them into your presentation.
- If you are using video files in standard Windows 7 codec, please save these as WMV. MPG and AVI are also useful, depending on the codec used. Please check whether your files are saved in the same directory as the PowerPoint presentation and adjust accordingly.
- Mac (Apple) users must have their presentation in PDF.
- The media which can be used for uploading your presentations:
Please bring your presentation on a USB stick or CD/DVD for personal computers or on a laptop.
- Should you wish to compress your file, please use WinZip.
- We recommend you also bring a backup copy of your presentation on a USB stick, CD/DVD or on a laptop.
- If you wish to use a video in your presentation, please communicate this to us in a timely manner so that we may provide adequate technical support.
- The official languages of the congress are Slovenian and English. Slides must be in one of the official languages of the congress.
- Please report to your section moderator before the start of your presentation. The section moderator will be present in the lecture room at least 15 minutes before the start of the section.
- Each lecture room will be equipped with proper technical equipment for your presentation. You are not required to bring your own equipment for the presentation.
- Technical support will be available throughout your presentation.
Instructions for poster presentations
- Once you arrive at the congress venue, please register yourself at the congress reception at the “SPEAKERS” booth. The reception hostess will direct you to the Speaker Room where you will be given the number of the panel reserved for your poster.
- You will also be given the appropriate material for mounting your poster.
- You can also enter the Speaker Room on Wednesday, 10 April 2019 between 5pm and 7pm.
- Please be near your poster during coffee breaks.
- You can mount your posters on Wednesday, 10 April 2019 between 5pm and 7pm or Thursday, 11 April 2019 between 8am and 10am. Posters will be displayed throughout the congress and may be removed on Saturday, 13 April 2019 between 12.30pm and 1.30pm.
- General instructions for posters:
– The maximum acceptable poster size is 100x150cm (horizontal or vertical layout).
– Title and name of the author and name of the institution should be in the upper corner across the entire length.
– The content of the poster should conform to the content of the submitted abstract.
– We advise as less text as possible, highlight your visual materials. Please check whether all the data on your poster is necessary or important.
– The official languages of the congress are Slovenian and English, which also applies to posters.
– Colour posters are more interesting and attractive
– Posters on thinner and lighter paper will present less problems in their mounting.
– Each panel will also display the number of the poster.
In order to better communicate the information to the congress participants, the Organising and Scientific Committees of the congress ask the poster authors to be near their posters during breaks and thus be available for any questions the participants may have.
5th International Congress of Medical Assessors of Slovenia:
11. 4. 2019 – 13. 4. 2019
Call for Abstracts 20.11.2018 - 10.01.2019
Early Bird Registration 01.02.2019 - 15.03.2019
Pre-Registration 15.03.2019 - 09.04.2019
On-Site Registration 11.04.2019 - 12.04.2019
Pension and Invalidity Insurance Institute of Slovenia, the Slovenian
Health Insurance Institute, Association of providers of employment
rehabilitation in the Republic of Slovenia, Thermana Laško